Thursday, August 5, 2010

and so by the way i thank you

safari
song of the day: 'that's what friends are for' by dionne warwick
for some reason i have been very lucky the last few days. well, for the past few months since starting this blog, but i'm just going to talk about this week. more of you lovelies have started coming to visit. why? is it my stimulating conversation? my wit? my big flowy hair? my rad poses? well, whatever it may be, thanks. i'm hideous at getting back to people, but know you are all appreciated. what would my blog be without you? it would be sad and embarrassing is what it would be. you guys give me a reason to post pictures and write things. otherwise i'd be just some old lady on the internet pretending she was cool and liked. so thanks so much for giving me purpose :)
safari
safari
safari
details:
dress-vintage from salvation army in louisiana
belt-vintage from my shop, someone bought it on etsy but then didn't pay so now i'm wearing it. it'll probs go back in the shop eventually, in case you're interested.
socks-urban outfitters, paid $8 for them while in nyc, $8! doesn't that seem extreme?
shoes-bought them on ebay though i saw some exactly like them at goodwill a couple weeks ago. at least they were the wrong size or i'd be kinda bummed out that i paid too much.

11 comments:

C said...

"is it my stimulating conversation? my wit? my big flowy hair? my rad poses?"

All of the above, plus all the major stylistic inspiration you provide. :)

Rosie said...

You're so sweet and just so you know I keep coming back just for your big flowy hair.

maggeygrace said...

I do love your hair.

And those socks are perfect. So cute.

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

TOTALLY LOVE THIS OUTFIT! Like your blog. I'll follow you from now on. Hope you will follow me too.
xoxo

http://theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I love the shoes! They go perfectly with the socks (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

merl said...

I'm going to go with the creepy old lady lurking on the Internet... But don't worry there's strength in numbers and I'm right there with you! I forgot to tell you that I ALSO found those same wedges and my fav st vinneys and tho they were a 6.5 I thought I could make them work cuz they kind of fit in the store..fast fwd to my apt 3 days later and my feet were threatening mutiny if I kept them on longer than 3 min..

Meggstatus said...

First of all, this dress is absolutely adorable on you and the addition of this tiger (I think it's tiger, there is a very good chance I am wrong though) scarf is the perfect accent!

I feel the same way, I wish I could get back to everyone, but some weeks are way too busy and the only think I want to do on my downtime is nothing!

XO
Megg

archives vintage said...

um, hi - i am going to have to steal this outfit!

hannah, heart city said...

what a great dress- i love the white socks detail!! worth the 8 bucks in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Those socks and shoes are really good together. I'd like to steal them (please).

I bought 3 pairs of socks from a store here in Australia that I think is similar to UO on Wednesday. $7 each. I nearly died at the fact I was spending $21 on socks. I still squirm about it now. Better wear the heck out of them.

Don't worry I won't really steal your stuff :) Course.

Kirstin said...

This outfit is amazing, so classy! The shoes look adorable with the socks!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/