Friday, August 6, 2010

did you ever know that you're my hero

purple
song of the day: 'wind beneath my wings' by bette midler
so i got the honor of guest blogging on clyde's rebirth today! as nerve wracking as it was, it was also pretty fun. so please, do me some props by heading over there and reading what i had to say. it was fairly insightful. and anyway, who doesn't want a double dose of me???
this outfit is kind of an extension of what i had to say over at merl's, but i'll just be specific about this.
what do you think about my flower brooch? adorable, right? well, i asked a while back if any of you had handmade stuff that i could sell in my shop. lo and behold the lovely ana spoke up about her handknit accessories. oh my, i am so glad she did! i love everything that she sent me. and really these sweet little flowers stole my heart right away. and it matched my dress perfectly. awesome! later on, i'll show you some of the gorgeous cowl scarves that she does, but for now it is just too darn hot. i don't think she'd want me to sweat in her beautiful creations. anyways, if you don't know her, please take the time to get to know her. she's a doll! ok, so i guess i should tell you where to steer your computer (so silly of me). her blog is toil & trouble and her etsy store is of the same name.
ok, so i know i've told you to go all traipsing about the internets today, but believe me, it'll be worth your while :) have a great friday!!!!
purple
purple
details:
dress-vintage
belt-thrifted
shoes-vintage

8 comments:

C said...

I love this dress, and the flower looks just perfect with it! Plus, I just adore that you paired those simple, comfy-looking oxfords with the dress.

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

If you still need handmade things for your shop I make bottle cap earrings if you're interested. They are fun because they're made from caps I've collected on my travels and most of them are microbrews with awesome designs. If you're interested I could send you a picture of them or a sample.

Kimberellie said...

Love this dress. LOVELY. And yes, the bow is perfect. Will go check it all out!

Meggstatus said...

Your brooch is the perfect addition to this outfit, I swear the dress and brooch were made for each other. Or you made them for each other. Whatever the case I love this!

XO
Megan

Kirstin said...

The colour of this dress looks great on you! I love how you combined the dress with the shoes, very cute. I have been following your blog for quite some time and I always look forward to your new posts! Such unique style!

http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

maggeygrace said...

you make every single thing you wear look so effortless, but if I tried to wear it, I'd look like a potatoe sack! Haha :) You're gorgeous, I hope you know.

And your comment just about made me keel over. You're too kind!!!! I want to be standing in your pictures alll the time :)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

love the dress, and the flower. i bet it'd look super cute in your hair, too.

Ana said...

What a cute outfit, I'm so honored that my flower brooch is part of it! Thank you for the awesome introduction, and sorry I'm so late in reading it!