Friday, September 10, 2010

that was just my style

9-10
song of the day: 'the search is over' by survivor
i know i keep dragging you guys down memory lane with me, i'm sure at times kicking and screaming, but i'm gonna do it again. when i was in middle school, especially 6th grade (not sure about 7th, that year is kind of a blur for me), i wanted a pair of dexters desperately. i dreamed of wearing them. there were two styles that everyone had, and maybe there were only two styles made, i'm not sure, but they were the tassel ones and the fringe ones. i would sit in class coveting the shoes on all the popular kids' feet and secretly curse my mother for refusing to buy me the loafers of my dreams. fast forward these many years later, and i am now wearing them!!!!!!! take that cheerleader girls from owasso middle school! i got me some dexters. revenge is sweet.
9-10
9-10
9-10
9-10
9-10
i hope you all have a great weekend! the sun and warmth have returned so i am pretty excited about the possibilities that come with that. plus, i'm looking forward to a lovely sunday filled with watching football games while wearing my tom brady jersey. go pats!!!!
details:
khaki blouse-little ocean annie
dress-thrifted
shoes-from my dreams and salvation army

10 comments:

archives vintage said...

girl, let's talk.

i LOVE those shoes! especially their cognac color paired with grey otk socks!!! now i need loafers, too.

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE, gorgeous darling xx

Anonymous said...

so.freaking.sexy. wow, amanda. you surprise me every dang day! have a great weekend, sweets. :)

Meggstatus said...

I am seriously loving the sleeveless trench, I would have hard time taking it off. I can think of like ten million things to wear it with (Well approximately 10 million give or take a couple thousand).

Anyways, looking amazing!

XO
Megg

KristiMcMurry said...

You always have the greatest outfits! Love your shoes, and glad you got to own some finally :)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

this is seriously adorable.

C said...

Amanda, the ratio of colors is spectacular here. Spec-freaking-tacular.

Hen said...

Love the outfit!!

JMay said...

I wish I could pull off even half of the outfits you wear, le chic!

Kimberellie said...

Oh this outfit is BRILLIANT! And I adore those shoes. Yes, love the grey and brown and really EVERYTHING. Yes, beautiful.

And funny, I was just thinking today about how I was the only person, boy or girl, in my 7th grade class who didn't have Doc Martens. My revenge isn't getting them (though I might); my revenge is still being smokin' hot while a lot of my "cool" grade 6 classmates are not. ;-) Oh, I'm bad.

(to be fair, some of them are very lovely...)

Also, what sort of mother buys her 11 year old doc martens she will just grow out of? Those things are EXPENSIVE (yes, in ten years I may be eating my words).

heart: Miss Furnellie