Wednesday, May 16, 2012

painted shoes

DPP_0022
DPP_0018
DPP_0016
DPP_0013
DPP_0015
DPP_0021
DPP_0023
DPP_0024
i painted my shoes.  just with regular old acrylic craft paint, using masking tape to keep my lines straight.  it took about four or five coats to get it just right.  but i sure do like how it came out and it only cost me $1.97.  a little bit proud of myself.  i had thought about taking photos of it for a cute DIY post, but really, i'm not very careful in my preparations or in my execution.  i didn't want to lead you all astray when perhaps there's a better way to do this.  but i will say that if you have a pair of sad and drab shoes laying around the house, you should totally paint them.
and while i'm giving all this sage advice, don't wear a velour top on an 80 degree day in a car with no a/c.  even though it's really cute, you will sweat like a beast.
details:
top-old school gap, thrift
shorts-thrift
shoes-vintage and painted by me
bag-thrift

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the painted shoes! I've used acrylic paint to revamp two pairs of shoes, and I love them even more now! Lol, velour and 80 degrees certainly don't go great together, but you look cute :-).